Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rabbits

We have rabbits.

I had rabbits when I was a kid, but they were of the soft, colorful, caged variety. These are scratched-up, clover-eating brown rabbits that live under the shed in our backyard.

"Peter" is the name for whichever rabbit is in the backyard at the time. It's not original, but it works. Peter is also the name of a specific rabbit. The one with an earring. There is also a smaller rabbit with a bum back foot, and a blemish-free, clean-looking rabbit. I call them Paul or Mary, depending on my mood.

Doesn't that look like an earring?!

We also have neighborhood ducks. The neighborhood ducks are just normal-looking, green-headed Mallards, but the lady across the street has a duck I've never seen before.

I don't know what our neighbor calls her duck, but we call it Jimi...as in Jimi Hendrix (maybe in his graying years).

That's the fauna update for my neighborhood, at least until the next visit to my next door neighbor's wildlife park, I mean house!

No comments: